Workplace Hazardous Material Information System
WHMIS 2015 training for workers delivered by a VO2 Health Focus facilitator. A VO2 facilitator will lead engaging instruction, discussion, and hands-on activities to help workers understand the key components of WHMIS 2015 – pictograms, labels and safety data sheets – and how to use these components to protect their health and safety. This on-site delivery allows employers to select the chemical(s) they want the training to focus on.
This 4 hour instructor-led training program is designed to help workers recognize the hazard classification and communication components of WHMIS 2015; understand the critical information provided through these components; and apply that information to protect their health and safety. This generic WHMIS 2015 worker training solution needs to be supplemented with specific training on the safe handling, use, storage and disposal of the actual chemicals within the employee's workplace. Register now.
Upon completion of WHMIS 2015, participants will be able to:
- Describe WHMIS 2015/GHS and why it is important for workers
- Describe the hazards associated with chemicals
- Identify the WHMIS 2015 hazard classes and pictograms
- Understand and apply the information on supplier and workplace labels
- Describe the purpose, content and function of a Safety Data Sheet (SDS)
- Describe how to control chemical hazards
- Describe legal rights and duties under WHMIS 2015
WHMIS – Classroom Training for Workers, Participant Guide
This 4 hour WHMIS training program is facilitated using a Leaner-Centered Approach. Various teaching aids (PowerPoint, video, small group discussion) are used throughout to enhance participant learning. Prior to course completion participants are required to write a test. Upon successful completion of the training participants will receive a wall size certification from Workplace Safety & Prevention Services.
Prior to booking a course ask us about our consulting service to review your organizations health and safety needs. A pre-course consultation will provide a number of basic health and safety service including:
- Assessing training needs
- On-site customized training
- Customized service to address unique health and safety needs
- Provide health and safety information
Who should attend
Individuals and organization who have a duty to respond to emergencies in the workplace, i.e. Industries would be preferable as they have space and large numbers of staff, security guards, manufacturers, construction companies.