The newly refreshed and revised babysitting course now has a greater emphasis on First Aid skills. The Canadian Red Cross Babysitting course covers everything from managing difficult behaviours to essential content on leadership and professional conduct as a babysitter. The course promises to deepen and enhance the responsibility that older youth feel when caring for younger children. This updated curriculum, complete with new science, also provides improved learning when it comes to giving the appropriate care in the event of an emergency. Offers basic first aid and caregiving skills.
Our Instructors use a variety of teaching methods to foster learning, promote group participation and cater to the various learner needs. We use a learner-centered approach and incorporate a lot of hands-on teaching to review, demonstrate and practice skills. Our babysitting equipment is the latest and best in the business to simulate real life emergencies. Our babysitting courses are taught in English and French. VO2 is the ONLY Frist Aid/CPR service provider in the GTA to offer training in both languages). Register now.
- How to be responsible and demonstrate leadership
- How to make good decisions and manage difficult behaviours
- Information on children’s developmental stages, and specific strategies for each stage
- How to feed, diaper, dress, and play with children and babies
- How to recognize and prevent unsafe situations, make safe choices and promote safe behaviours
- First aid skills
- The business of babysitting
Includes any other content required by specific legislation