Comprehensive two-day course offering lifesaving first aid, cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and injury prevention skills and knowledge, with a focus on childhood injuries and illnesses. Includes the latest first aid/CPR guidelines and meets legislation requirements for provincial/territorial early childhood education and day care worker safety requirements*.
VO2 instructors use a learner-centered approach and incorporate a lot of hands-on teaching to review, demonstrate and practice skills. Our instructors also use various teaching aids to help simulate real life emergencies. We where the first in the GTA to offer in-class and blended learning First Aid/CPR courses and are exclusive in offering training in both English and French.
Why certify with VO2 Health Focus:
∙ Leaders in the field of First Aid/CPR + AED training
∙ Only service provider to GIVE BACK YEARLY TO ITS BUSINESS PARTNERS. In 2017 VO2 contributed $1,000 to the following business partners: Centennial College, Catholic Children’s Aid Society, Interval House and Town Centre Private Schools.
∙ Exceptional Customer Service
∙ Significant cost saving compared to others Register now.
Minimum 16 hours in-class
First Aid Instructor
- Successfully demonstrate skills and critical steps
- Min. 75% mark for written knowledge evaluation
- Attend and participate in 100% of the course
3-year certification in Standard Child Care First Aid
8 hours in-class*
*Check local legislation to determine certification level, maintenance, and recertification requirements. www.redcross.ca/firstaidlegislation
- The Red Cross
- Responding to Emergencies
- The EMS system
- Check, Call, Care
- Airway emergencies
- Breathing and Circulation emergencies - child and baby
- First aid for respiratory and cardiac arrest – child and baby
- Wound care
- Head, Neck and spinal injuries
- Bone, Muscle and Joint injuries
- Sudden Medical Emergencies
- Environmental Illnesses
- Childhood Illnesses
- Caring for Children
Includes any other content required by specific legislation
- Child Care First Aid (manual from the Canadian Red Cross)
- Comprehensive Guide to First Aid & CPR (eBook)
- Standard Child Care First Aid certificate