Workplace Hazardous Material Information System
Every worker who works with or is in proximity to a hazardous product in the workplace must have Workplace Hazardous Material Information System (WHMIS) training. In February 2015, WHMIS was modified to align with the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS).
The “new” WHMIS is known as WHMIS 2015.
WHMIS 2015 Online is based on the current 2015 legislation and meets all legislated requirements for general WHMIS training. Employers must also provide workplace-specific training and instruction for each of the hazardous products in the workplace.
WHMIS 2015 has come into full implementation (December 01, 2018) and employers must now educate and train workers about WHMIS 2015 as new labels and SDSs appear in their workplace Register now.
Upon completion of WHMIS 2015, participants will be able to:
- Understand the essential role WHMIS plays in protecting the health and safety of workers
- Identify WHMIS responsibilities of suppliers, employers and workers
- Understand the workplace requirements related to the use of supplier and workplace labels and how to locate and interpret the information found on these labels
- Recognize the WHMIS pictograms and the types of hazard each represents
- Describe the purpose, content and function of a Safety Data Sheet (SDS)
- Identify the WHMIS exemptions for suppliers and importers
- Know general safe work practices that should be followed when working with hazardous products
WHMIS Online is an active learning experience, using interactive content screens and online exercises to engage learners and reinforce key concepts. Mandatory testing ensures that participants have met learning objectives and retained the required knowledge.
No participant can complete the course without verifying their understanding of the course material. WHMIS Online is presented in 6 modules. To progress from one module to the next participants must pass a mandatory test. Those who do not pass the test must review the module content and re-test. There is no limit to the number of re-tests. Test questions are randomly selected from a test bank to ensure that re-tests will be unique.
Upon successfully completing all modules, there is a printable certificate
for your records.
WHMIS Online is self-paced. Participants may leave the course at any time and can resume where they left off. The time require to compete the course will depend on many factors including the participant’s learning style and their prior knowledge of course material.